In brief, the role will manage a varied and interesting portfolio of clients including self-employed individuals, company directors, partnerships and HNWI's. You will be involved in tax planning/advisory projects, in addition to preparing income and CGT computations and returns for your clients. You will also assist with the management of the Personal Tax team in Edinburgh, working closely with the Senior Tax Manager, to enhance client services, maximise efficiencies and seek business opportunities. This will involve an element of supervising and reviewing work of others in the team.
French Duncan boasts an impressive client base offering a range of technical challenges. This is an opportunity to strengthen and apply skills previously gained.
Coming from an Accounting or Legal firm, you will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in Personal Tax compliance. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to manage client relationships, the billing process and your own workload.
As a minimum, we are looking for a candidate who is either CTA or ATT qualified or is able to demonstrate the requisite range of experience and has:
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Coming from an Accounting or Legal firm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in particular the candidate should be confident in report writing and in interactions with clients
- Experience working with a variety of clients, including SMEs and OMBs
In addition, the candidate will:
- Have a keen interest in the tax field
- Experience in tax planning
- Be a confident individual who is not afraid to progress business opportunities where appropriate
- Be keen to participate and develop networking skills, including attending networking events and responding to other business opportunities
- Want to develop their commercial skills, such as business reporting, meeting and selling skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile, working in other offices or attending client offices, and this may be required out with standard office hours so a degree of flexibility is required
- Be enthusiastic in all aspects of their work
- Have the ability to take their own initiative
For more information please contact Yasmin Millar- Internal Recruiter
0141 221 2984 / firstname.lastname@example.org