In brief, the role will be working within a varied and interesting portfolio of clients including self-employed individuals, company directors, partnerships and HNWI's. You will be involved with assisting clients with their Tax compliance and assisting the management team in the delivery of tax planning/advisory projects. You will be responsible for day-to-day correspondence with clients and HMRC.
Coming from an Accounting or Legal firm, you will have experience in Personal Tax compliance. Exposure to tax planning is advantageous but by no means essential as full support and training will be provided. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to manage client relationships and your own workload.
This role is predominately a training role and you will be training for either your ICAS or CTA qualification. This qualification will be fully supported by the team and you will be given the required support to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in particular the candidate should be confident in report writing and in interactions with clients
- The aspiration to develop within the personal tax field
- Experience working with a variety of clients, including HNWI’s and OMBs
- Have a keen interest in the personal tax field
In addition, the candidate will:
- Be a confident individual
- Be keen to participate and develop networking skills, including attending networking events and responding to other business opportunities
- Want to develop their commercial skills, such as business reporting, meeting and selling skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile, working in other offices or attending client offices, and this may be required out with standard office hours so a degree of flexibility is required
- Be enthusiastic in all aspects of their work
- Have the ability to take their own initiative